OpenAI has introduced a new feature called ChatGPT Plugins, enabling developers to create and share their custom plugins. The plugins will extend the functionality of ChatGPT, allowing users to perform tasks such as translating languages, generating code, and answering questions.
Table Of Contents
What Are ChatGPT Plugins?
ChatGPT Plugins are a new feature introduced by OpenAI to extend the capabilities of ChatGPT by allowing developers to create custom plugins using the OpenAI API.
These plugins can perform various tasks, such as language translation, code generation, and answering questions. By integrating with the ChatGPT API, developers can build powerful and versatile applications, contributing to a growing ecosystem of plugins to enhance user experience and provide more tailored solutions.
How Plugins Work
According to OpenAI’s official statement: “OpenAI plugins connect ChatGPT to third-party applications. These plugins enable ChatGPT to interact with APIs defined by developers, enhancing ChatGPT’s capabilities and allowing it to perform a wide range of actions.”
For example, by using the Browsing plug-in, chatGPT can directly access the network and grab the latest information as displayed below:
How To Install ChatGPT Plugins
In just a few clicks, you can install plugins to do everything from getting expert financial advice to detecting tone and bias in ChatGPT’s responses.
1. First things first – you’ll need a ChatGPT Plus account. This premium plan unlocks exclusive access to ChatGPT plugins and other advanced features.
2. Once you’re logged into your ChatGPT Plus account, open your profile settings and navigate to the “Beta Features” tab. Here you can toggle plugins on to activate them for your account.
3. With plugins enabled, start a new chat in ChatGPT as usual. When you go to select your model (GPT-3.5, GPT-4, etc), click on the “Plugins” link.
4. This will open a dropdown menu where you can access the ChatGPT Plugin Store. Go ahead and browse or search for the plugins you want to use.
5. When you find one you like, just click “Install” button and the plugin will be added seamlessly to your ChatGPT workflow. It’s that easy!
One tip – you can have up to 3 plugins enabled at a time. So feel free to mix and match until you have the perfect customized ChatGPT setup.
- ChatGPT Retrieval Plugin – The ChatGPT Retrieval Plugin repository provides a flexible solution for semantic search and retrieval of personal or organizational documents using natural language queries.
- Browsing – An experimental model that knows when and how to browse the internet.
- Code interpreter – An experimental ChatGPT model that can use Python, handle uploads and downloads.
- [Expedia] – Bring your trip plans to life—get there, stay there, find things to see and do.
- [FiscalNote] – Provides and enables access to select market-leading, real-time data sets for legal, political, and regulatory data and information.
- [Instacart] – Order from your favorite local grocery stores.
- [KAYAK] – Search for flights, stays and rental cars. Get recommendations for all the places you can go within your budget.
- [Klarna Shopping] – Search and compare prices from thousands of online shops.
- [Milo Family AI] – Giving parents superpowers to turn the manic to magic, 20 minutes each day. Ask] – Hey Milo, what’s magic today?
- [OpenTable] – Provides restaurant recommendations, with a direct link to book.
- [Shop] – Search for millions of products from the world’s greatest brands.
- [Speak] – Learn how to say anything in another language with Speak, your AI-powered language tutor.
- [Wolfram] – Access computation, math, curated knowledge & real-time data through Wolfram|Alpha and Wolfram Language.
- [Zapier] – Interact with over 5,000+ apps like Google Sheets, Trello, Gmail, HubSpot, Salesforce, and more.