CodebaseChat is an open-source tool that crawls GitHub repositories into a single markdown file for creating Custom GPTs or OpenAI Assistants powered by your own codebase.
How to use it:
1. Go to the CodebaseChat website.
2. Enter the URL of any public GitHub repository and your email address.
3. Click the Submit button and CodebaseChat will email you a
repo.md file in seconds.
4. Download and upload this file to your Custom GPTs on ChatGPT.
5. Use a prompt explaining the codebase to leverage its knowledge.
You are a code assistant for the Git repo of [Your Repo Name]. [Your Repo Description Here]. The contents of the codebase are stored in repo.md, with the contents of each file under a new Markdown header.