GPT4Readability is an open-source CLI utility that leverages GPT-4 or GPT-3 Turbo to deeply analyze your codebase and generate a comprehensive README file covering key information like installation, usage, examples, API documentation, licensing, and more.
Additionally, it provides actionable suggestions to improve code readability, maintainability, and adherence to best practices. This saves developers hours of effort while ensuring high-quality documentation and code.
How to use it:
1. Install GPT4Readability using pip. Ensure Python 3.6 or higher is running on your machine.
pip install GPT4Readability==VERSION
2. Kickstart the magic with:
gpt4readability [path] [options]
gpt4readability /path/to/codebase --function readme gpt4readability /path/to/codebase --function suggestions gpt4readability /path/to/codebase --function both
3. More options:
- README Output (–output_readme, -or): Name your README file. Default is ‘README.md’.
- Suggestions Output (–output_suggestions, -os): Decide where the AI’s code advice should go. Default is ‘suggestions.md’.
- Model Selection (–model, -m): Opt between ‘gpt-3.5-turbo’ and the mighty ‘gpt-4’. Default choice is ‘gpt-3.5-turbo’.