PIKA is a free AI text-to-video generator that lets you bring your creative visions to life through natural language prompts.
It supports generating videos from not only text descriptions but also incorporating images into the final video output.
How to use it:
1. The first step is to join PIKA’s Discord server. This gives you access to the PIKA bot that generates videos.
2. Once in Discord, type “/create” and select it from the commands list. This will open a prompt field. Here you can type a description of the video you want PIKA to generate.
/create prompt: "Animated tutorial on how photosynthesis works" + optional parameters
3. You can customize your video further by adding optional parameters after your prompt. IMPORTANT: Parameters MUST be added after the prompt words. Use a space to separate them from your prompt words and each other.
Parameter: -camera ##
Use for: Directing the camera movement in your video clip
Accepts: zoom OR pan OR rotate only one of these can be used at a time, they cannot be stacked
ZOOM: zoom in OR zoom out
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -camera zoom in
PAN: pan up OR pan down OR pan left OR pan right panning in two non-conflicting directions is accepted eg: pan up left OR pan down right
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -camera pan right
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -camera pan up right
ROTATE: rotate clockwise OR counterclockwise OR anticlockwise abbreviations are accepted cw OR ccw OR acw
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -camera rotate clockwise
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -camera rotate acw
FRAMES PER SECOND
Parameter: -fps ##
Use for: Adjusting the frames per second, the higher, the more smoother your video
Accepts: Numbers between 8-24 (default is 24)
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -fps 16
Parameter: -motion #
Use for: Adjusting the Strength of motion
Accepts: Number between 0~4 (default is 1)
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -motion 3
Parameter: -gs ##
Use for: Adjusting the Guidance scale, the higher, the more related to text
Accepts: Numbers recommend between 8-24 (default is 12)
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -gs 16
Parameter: -neg xxx
Use for: Negative prompting unwanted words, what you don’t want the video to have
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -neg words letters signs
Parameter: -ar #:#
Use for: Adjusting aspect ratio – The width:height of a video,
Accepts: Number:Number e.g.:16:9, 9:16, 1:1, 4:5 (default is 1024:576)
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -ar 16:9
Note: Pika bot will also infer the aspect ratio from your attached image
Parameter: -seed ###
Use for: More consistent generation. Currently fixing seed ONLY guarantees consistency when both prompt and negative prompt are unchanged
Accepts: Numbers (default is random)
/create prompt: this is an example of a prompt -seed 123456789
Note: seed number of a generated video can be found at the end of its file name
4. Use Pikabot Buttons under your generated video:
- 👍 THUMBS UP: Tells the bot (and the Pika Labs team) that you like this video and Pika did a good job.
- 👎 THUMBS DOWN: Tells the bot (and the Pika Labs team) that Pika made something ugly, wrong or the video didn’t move at all.
- 🔁 REGENERATE – REPEAT PROMPT: Makes another video using the same prompt words and parameters. Note: it will keep the same image attached.
- REMIX – EDIT PROMPT: Opens an Edit Prompt box for you to make changes, fix errors and try something else. Note: it will keep the same image attached
- ❌ DELETE VIDEO: This will Permanently delete your prompt and video Your video CANNOT be restored. Opens a Confirm Delete box, You need to type YES (in English) and press submit to confirm you want to delete, Press Cancel to keep the video.
5. Download your video clips from Pika server or From your DM with Pikabot.
- ON PC: Click the download icon on the top right of the video. This will automatically save video to your downloads folder on your PC
- ON MOBILE: Tap the video to make it full screen . Tap the three dots on the top right corner. Tap Save. This will save video to your downloads folder on your phone’s internal storage.
- NOT WORKING? Right click or long tap on the video to access the menu. Click “open in browser”. Either click the download icon or Right click and then save media or save target as. Choose a location to save and press save.